Thank you very much for spending time with your child on their geography home learning last week. The children were very proud of their drawings and have used these ideas to create their own islands in groups.
Today, the children brought home their spelling and handwriting home learning as well as a letter giving further details of what they need to bring with them on 21st June, when we go to Whipsnade Zoo.
In order to help the day run smoothly on Wednesday, your child will need:
- To arrive at school by 8.45am
- To wear a small, comfortable back pack that contains a packed lunch with disposable plastic bottles or cartons of drinks (no sweets, fizzy drinks or glass bottles please). Your child will be responsible for this bag all day, so it needs to be one that they can carry easily.
- To wear their own clothes, including a light raincoat, school cardigan or jumper and casual shorts/trousers, along with shoes suitable for a playground i.e. trainers
- A named St. Adrian’s school cap
- Sun cream applied before school if it is sunny.
Fingers crossed for the weather!
As we will be at Whipsnade Zoo on the day that we would normally have our spell check, this will take place on 28th June, so the children have two weeks to learn the spellings below: